Fruity Salsa Bruschetta: Toddler Recipe
Serves: 2 toddler portions Cook time: 10 mins Prep time: 5 mins
- 1 Baguette (small)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 mandarin orange (peeled, deseeded and chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped into small cubes)
- Handful chopped basil
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the baguette into rings and place on a baking tray.
- Chop the garlic clove in half and rub the cut end over each ring of baguette.
- Bake in the oven for about 5-10 mins until crisp, flipping halfway through. Keep a close eye so it doesn’t burn!
- Place the mandarin, tomato, and basil into a bowl and drizzle with rapeseed oil. Mix together.
- Top the crispy bread with the salsa mixture and serve.
This easy lunch is high in vitamin C to support your toddler’s immune system. It is also a source of vitamin E which is important for healthy DNA.
This makes a great starter for adults too! You can also add in some diced red onion for extra flavour.