Serves: 2 toddlers Cook time: 10-15 mins Prep time: 5-10 mins
- 1 fillet chicken breast (chopped)
- 25g frozen peas
- 25g green beans (finely chopped)
- ¼ red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 40g Couscous
- Put the cous cous in a bowl and pour over 80ml of boiling water. Cover the bowl with cling film and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, pepper and the green beans to a pot of boiling water for 8-10 minutes until cooked. Alternatively, stir-fry or steam these vegetables.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a hot pan and fry the chopped chicken fillets until cooked through.
- Add the cooked chicken and veg to the couscous and mix well. Can be served hot or cold.
This is high in Niacin which is a B vitamin that helps to reduce tiredness and is important for a healthy nervous system and a source of phosphorous for healthy bones and teeth.
This is a quick and easy lunch for your toddler, adjust the veg according to what you have in the cupboard or to save time use cooked leftover chicken from the night before.