Mild Toddler Curry
Serves: 4 Toddler portions Cook time: 30 mins Prep time: 15 mins
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and grated)
- 2 chicken breasts (2 large or 3 small, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 Low salt chicken stock cube
- 160g Rice (half white, half brown)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes
- Add in the chicken and the carrots and increase the heat. Cook until the chicken turns white all around then add the spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock cube and simmer for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the rice as per the instructions on the pack.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked right through before serving.
This recipe is high in protein which is important for growth of muscles, niacin which helps to reduce tiredness and phosphorus which is important for healthy bones and teeth.
Add in some extra spice or a fresh chilli for yourself if you prefer a hotter curry after taking out your toddler’s portion.