Easy Beef Stew
Serves: 6-8 Toddler portions Cook time: 2hrs 10mins Prep time: 10 mins
- 400g beef (lean, diced)
- 2 onions (small)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or rapeseed)
- 30g flour
- 150ml vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 parsnip (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a large saucepan on the hob, heat the oil.
- When heated, add the beef and onions until browned.
- Add the flour, mix and heat for 1-2mins.
- Add in the stock, tomatoes, carrots, parsnip and celery.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and cover.
- Cook for about 2 hours.
This recipe is high in vitamin B12 which supports the immune system and helps to reduce tiredness. It is also a source of vitamin E and vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is important for healthy red blood cell formation.
Serve with mashed or boiled baby potatoes or rice. Freeze the leftovers in individual portions for quick toddler dinners during the week.