Banana Berry Muffins
Serves: 24 small muffins Cook time: 25-30 mins Prep time: 10 mins
- 400g porridge oats
- 2 tsp bread soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lemon (zest of)
- 2 Bananas
- 500g natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp milk
- 150g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Blend the oats in the food processor until very fine.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, bicarbonate of soda, salt and lemon zest.
- Mix the yoghurt and mashed banana together.
- Add the wet mixture to the oats mixture and stir together.
- Add the milk and fold the berries through the mixture.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases and fill with the mixture.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.
These tasty fruity muffins are perfect for toddlers as they have no added sugar. They are a source of Phosphorus and protein which are needed for normal growth and development of bone in children.
You can replace the raspberries with blueberries or use a combination of both! Freeze leftover muffins for healthy toddler breakfasts on hand or keep for yourself!