- Make up each feed as required
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds, discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours
- Do not heat feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding
- Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby’s feed.
- Never leave your baby alone whilst feeding.
- If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Always use the scoop provided.
- Please note the colour of the scoop in this pack may change from time to time.
How to prepare Aptamil Pepti 1
Important feeding instructions
Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
It’s important to be careful with the water you use to prepare a formula feed if your normal drinking water supply is either interrupted or contaminated. Follow these Food Standards Agency guidelines to make sure you prepare the baby formula safely.
|Use bottled water or water from a bowser (a water tank provided by water companies) and bring it to a rolling boil. Leave it covered to cool for no more than half an hour.
|If there’s no electricity or gas to boil with, bottled table, spring or mineral water can be used and the prepared feed should be used immediately. The use of unboiled bowser water should be avoided.
|Some bottled water labelled as ‘natural mineral water’ may have high levels of sodium or sulphate. Read the label carefully and check that the figure for sodium (Na) is not higher than 200mg per litre and sulphate (SO or SO4) is not higher than 250mg per litre. If it is, then try to use another water. If no other water is available, then use this water for as short a time as possible.
|Follow the normal instructions for making up the feed.
|Use cooled boiled water or cooled boiled bottled water for cooling the feed once it has been made up.
Breastfeeding is best for babies. Aptamil Pepti 1 is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of cows’ milk allergy. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth and as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. For enteral use only.