Is Aptamil halal?
Inspired by 40 years of research into early life science, our dedicated team is committed to delivering our very best for you and your baby, from the products themselves, right through to the manufacturing process and packaging.
Respect for cultural and religious diversity is important to us. If you are unable to find the answer to your halal related query below, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
- Aptamil (1) First Milk 24x70ml (available in hospitals)
- Aptamil (1) First Milk 200ml
- Aptamil (1) First Milk 4x200ml
- Aptamil (1) First Milk 1L
- Aptamil (1) First Milk Powder 800g
- Aptamil (2) Follow On Milk 200ml
- Aptamil (2) Follow On Milk 4x200ml
- Aptamil (2) Follow On Milk 1L
- Aptamil (2) Follow On Milk Powder 800g
- Aptamil (3) Growing Up Milk 1-2 years Powder 800g
- Aptamil (4) Growing Up Milk 2-3 years Powder 800g
Aptamil Profutura milks that are halal certified:
- Aptamil (1) Profutura First Milk 24x70ml (available in hospitals)
- Aptamil (1) Profutura First Milk 200ml
- Aptamil (2) Profutura Follow On Milk 200ml
Aptamil specialist formula milks that are halal certified:
- Aptamil Anti-Reflux 800g
- Aptamil Comfort 800g
- Aptamil Hungry Milk 200ml
- Aptamil Hungry Milk Powder 800g
Aptamil Profutura milks that are not halal certified are:
- Aptamil (1) Profutura First Milk Powder 800g
- Aptamil (2) Profutura Follow On Milk Powder 800g
- Aptamil (3) Profutura Growing Up Milk 1-2 years Powder 800g
Aptamil specialist formula milks that are not halal certified are:
- Aptamil Lactose Free 400g
- Aptami (1) Pepti 400g
- Aptamil (2) Pepti 400g
- Aptamil Pepti Junior 450g
How do we identify products as halal?
If the product has been given a certificate from an Islamic halal authorisation body, then we consider that product to be halal certified.
We have provided more information about the certification process below.
How do we get halal approval?
A product is considered to be halal approved if it follows the Islamic dietary guidelines. Under the guidelines, there are two main conditions our products must fulfil, in order for them to be certified as halal. These are:
1. Only halal ingredients (raw materials) are used.
2. The factory is audited and approved by an Islamic Halal authorisation body.
To ensure that our baby products are certified as halal correctly, we have selected authorisation bodies based on their wide international reach, and their reputation within the UK Muslim community.
Why are some of our ready to use liquids or powders halal certified and others are not?
For our products to be halal certified, they must be produced in a factory that has been halal approved.
Some of our products, for example, our Aptamil Profutura ready to use liquids are produced in a halal approved factory. Others, like our Aptamil SENSAVIA powders are produced in a factory which has not yet been approved or visited by an Islamic Halal authorisation body.
Most of our recipes do not contain haram ingredients or processing steps. However, some of our factories have not yet been Halal approved. This doesn't mean that the recipes are unsuitable for a halal diet, but they have not been certified by an external authorisation body.
The full list of halal approved products is provided above.
Questions about feeding and nutrition?
Our midwives, nutritionists and feeding advisors are always on hand to talk about feeding your baby. So if you have a question, just get in touch.