Raspberry and Yoghurt Breakfast Muffins
Cook time: 12-15 mins Prep time: 15 mins Serves: 12 muffins
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g brown sugar
- 125g low fat raspberry flavoured yogurt
- 120ml low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp oil (vegetable, olive, rapeseed)
- 150g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan oven).
- Place 12 muffin cases into a baking tray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the yogurt, milk and oil. Mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the flour and sugar mix and stir briefly. Add the raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
These delicious muffins are low in saturated fat and healthier than standard muffins They are high in Vitamin B12 which helps to make red blood cells for your growing baby, release energy from food and process Folic Acid to prevent neural tube defects.
High in: Vitamin B12
Low in: Saturated fat