Cook time: 3-4 mins Prep time: 5 mins Serves: 4 pancakes
- 50g wholegrain flour
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250ml low fat milk
- 1 tsp oil (for frying)
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg.
- Add in the milk and beat. If the mixture is too thick, add in some extra milk or use a hand blender or liquidiser to help mix it.
- Place a little oil on a preheated pan on medium heat.
- When hot, pour in enough batter to thinly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until underside is golden brown then flip and cook other side until golden.
- Serve with your choice of fresh fruit or yogurt.
For apple and cinnamon pancakes: After step 3, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter and stir it in. Peel and slice a large apple finely, then chop into small pieces. Add apple to the batter and stir.
For blueberry pancakes: After step 3, chop some blueberries in half and stir through the batter before cooking.
This recipe is high in B12 which has a role in the process of cell division and contributes to the normal function of the immune system. It is also a great source of protein which is important for growth and repair of cells for your baby.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists