Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Cook time: 5 mins Prep time: 5 mins Serves: 1 person
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp oil (for frying)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 25g low fat cheddar cheese (grated)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the eggs into the pan and spread evenly.
- When the edges of the egg begin to set, lift the edge with a spatula and let the uncooked liquid egg flow underneath the cooked part.
- Add the tomatoes and grated cheese onto one half of the omelette and fold over. Continue to cook for a few minutes on a low heat until it sets.
This recipe is high in Protein for growth and development. It is also a source of Iron for brain development. The tomatoes are high in Vitamin C which helps the body absorb iron.
Omelettes are a really easy to make and versatile food, try using this recipe as a base and adding extra ingredients such as spinach, mushrooms or peppers.