Cook Time: 25-30 mins Prep time: 5 mins
- 400g chickpeas ((tin, drained))
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2g black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place all the ingredients together in a zip-lock bag.
- Seal and rub mixture until all chickpeas are covered.
- Remove from bag.
- Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chickpeas are rich in iron for your baby’s brain development and protein for growth of cells so they make a great snack. They are also a source of Zinc for making DNA and B vitamins for a healthy nervous system.
Serve immediately as they taste best hot. Add more spices if you prefer a hotter flavour and use as a tasty evening snack instead of crisps or salted nuts. You can also try different flavourings such as paprika.