Cook Time: 25-30 mins Prep time: 5 mins
- 400g chickpeas ((tin, drained))
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2g black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place all the ingredients together in a zip-lock bag.
- Seal and rub mixture until all chickpeas are covered.
- Remove from bag.
- Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chickpeas are rich in iron, which contributes to a baby’s normal cognitive development and protein which is needed for the normal growth and development of their bones.
Serve immediately as they taste best hot. Add more spices if you prefer a hotter flavour and use as a tasty evening snack instead of crisps or salted nuts. You can also try different flavourings such as paprika.
You may also like
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists