Chicken Noodle Salad
Cook time: 8-10 mins Prep time: 5 mins Serves: 2 people
- 100g dried egg noodles (roughly broken)
- 2 chicken breasts (medium)
- 1 carrot (finely sliced)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 30g lettuce (finely shredded)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- Handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the chicken in the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to instructions on pack.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon, mustard and black pepper in a bowl to create a dressing.
- Remove chicken from grill and slice.
- Mix the chopped vegetables, chicken, noodles and coriander in a bowl and drizzle with dressing.
This recipe is high in protein and Vitamin A which contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes, normal skin, normal vision, and contributes to normal iron metabolism & normal function of the immune system. It is also high in Niacin which contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal psychological function, normal functioning of the nervous system, and the maintenance of normal mucouse membranes and normal skin.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists