Chicken Noodle Salad
Cook time: 8-10 mins Prep time: 5 mins Serves: 2 people
- 100g dried egg noodles (roughly broken)
- 2 chicken breasts (medium)
- 1 carrot (finely sliced)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 30g lettuce (finely shredded)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- Handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the chicken in the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to instructions on pack.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon, mustard and black pepper in a bowl to create a dressing.
- Remove chicken from grill and slice.
- Mix the chopped vegetables, chicken, noodles and coriander in a bowl and drizzle with dressing.
This recipe is a source of Folate which is essential pre-conception and for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is high in protein for growth of cells and Niacin which helps to produce energy from food.