Mini Chickpea Burgers
Serves: 6 small burgers Cook time: 30 mins Prep time: 10 mins
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp fresh coriander (chopped, optional)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- Olive oil
- Combine the chickpeas, crushed garlic, coriander, onion & lemon juice in a blender and pulse a few times (don’t over pulse it).
- Remove the mixture and add the flour and parsley and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 6 small patties.
- Place them on a tray and place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to firm up.
- In a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and place the patties in the pan, fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve as they are, chopped up in small pieces for baby to pick up.
These are great for all the family to enjoy; you can serve in wholemeal pitta pockets with some salad for older kids.
This recipe is high in protein which is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children. Also, it is low in sugar.