Creamy Fisherman's Pie
Serves: 4 portions Cook time: 50 mins Prep time: 5-10 mins
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists
- 100g cod (fresh or frozen)
- 100g salmon (fresh or frozen)
- 400ml Baby's usual milk
- 1 leek (chopped, white part only)
- 1 tsp parsley (chopped)
- 25g plain flour
- 25g butter/margarine
- 30g frozen peas
- 50g cheddar cheese (handful, grated)
- 3 potatoes (medium)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Peel the potatoes and put them in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to the boil and simmer until tender. Once cooked, remove from heat and mash with 50ml of baby’s usual milk.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in another saucepan melt the butter on a medium heat.
- Add in the leek and flour and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Whisk through the remainder of the milk and bring mixture to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Add the parsely, turn down the heat and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- On a plate, flake the fish making sure to remove any bones.
- Stir the fish and peas through the sauce and pour mixture into an oven proof dish. Top with mashed potato. Sprinkle with a small amount of cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
If freezing, instead of cooking it all in one dish, place into little ramekins, cover and freeze those that are not needed before baking in the oven.