Baby's First Bolognese
Serves: 4-6 portions Cook time: 30 mins Prep time: 5 mins
- 200g lean mince meat
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tin tomatoes (400g)
- ½ celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g pasta (penne, shells, macaroni)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onions and crushed garlic. Fry until onion is soft.
- Add the mince and stir until the meat has browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and celery.
- Stir until mixed thoroughly, then reduce heat slightly, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and serve mixed through the bolognese sauce.
- Mash or puree to desired consistency.
This is a great recipe for all the family to enjoy and a lovely way to introduce red meat to baby. Once they accept this, add in other vegetables such as grated carrot, mushrooms or peas. Freeze any leftovers in small containers and defrost portions as needed.