Apple and Cinnamon Granola
Cook time: 30 mins Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 8 portions
- 400g oats (rolled)
- 80g bran
- 150ml unsweetened apple juice
- 50ml honey
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 50g pecans
- 50g dried apple
- 50g walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C for fan oven).
- Prepare baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Mix the oats, bran, cinnamon, walnuts, pecans and dried apple in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the apple juice and honey.
- Pour this mixture over the oat mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture into baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Allow to cool.
This tasty granola is high in Thiamin which contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism and functioning of the nervous sytem and normal psychological function, along with function of the heart.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists