Prep time: 10 mins
- 400g chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- ¼ tsp cumin (ground)
- 2g black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture becomes somewhat smooth and combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir to ensure mixture is combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Hummus contains iron which is important for your baby’s brain development. It is also a source of Vitamin E which supports your immune system
Serve hummus with vegetable sticks, on crackers or on pitta bread for quick and tasty snacks.