Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
Cook time: 30 mins Prep time: 15 mins Serves: 12 bars
- 2 eggs
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or canola/rapeseed oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g toasted oats
- 100g dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 50g pecans (or walnuts, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a large baking tin with foil. Brush with a drizzle of oil.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats, fruits and nuts.
- Spread the mixture in the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool and cut into bars.
These tasty bars have less sugar than shop bought alternatives. They are also a source of fibre to help prevent constipation during pregnancy.
You may also like
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists