Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
Cook time: 30 mins Prep time: 15 mins Serves: 12 bars
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists
- 2 eggs
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or canola/rapeseed oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g toasted oats
- 100g dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 50g pecans (or walnuts, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a large baking tin with foil. Brush with a drizzle of oil.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in the oats, fruits and nuts.
- Spread the mixture in the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool and cut into bars.
These tasty bars contain fibre, which is important during pregnancy to help prevent constipation. This recipe is also high in Manganese which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and contributes to the normal formation of connective tissue.