Tomato and Spinach Frittata
Cook time: 11 mins Prep time: 5-10 mins Serves: 4 portions
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 60g spinach leaves (chopped)
- 100g cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat the grill.
- Chop the onion finely and crush the garlic.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add in the onion and garlic. Cook until golden.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the vegetables.
- Cook until the base has set (approx. 5 mins) on low to medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the pan to the grill to allow top to cook and become golden (approx. 2-3 mins).Watch it closely so as not to burn.
- Remove from grill, and serve immediately.
This is high in Vitamin D which aids calcium absorption. It is also a great source of iron for baby’s brain development, calcium for their bones and B vitamins for healthy nerves and muscles.
This quick and easy recipe can be easily adjusted to your taste. Swap out the tomato for some peppers or add in some mushrooms or low fat cheese if preferred.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists