Leek and Potato Soup
Cook time: 35 mins Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 4 people
- 250g potatoes (approx. 2 medium potatoes)
- 250g leeks (approx. 2 leeks with tops removed)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 400ml stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 400ml water
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes, leeks and onions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Add in the potatoes and leeks.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add the stock and the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Blend in either a food processor or with a hand liquidiser.
This delicious soup is a great source of Vitamin C which can strengthen the immune system. These B vitamins also work to keep nerves and muscles healthy and to release energy from food.
Make up a large batch and store in the fridge or freeze for easy lunches during the week. Serve with some wholemeal bread.