Leek and Potato Soup
Cook time: 35 mins Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 4 people
- 250g potatoes (approx. 2 medium potatoes)
- 250g leeks (approx. 2 leeks with tops removed)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 400ml stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 400ml water
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes, leeks and onions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Add in the potatoes and leeks.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add the stock and the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Blend in either a food processor or with a hand liquidiser.
This delicious soup is a great source of Vitamin C which supports the immune system.
Make up a large batch and store in the fridge or freeze for easy lunches during the week. Serve with some wholemeal bread.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists