Indian Chicken Pitta
Cook time: 15 mins Prep time: 5-10 mins Serves: 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts (small)
- 2 tsp curry paste (tikka, tandoori, rogan josh, mixed spice)
- 2 wholemeal pitta pockets
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 50g cherry tomatoes (about 6, chopped in half)
- Make deep slashes in the chicken breasts.
- Rub with the curry paste on both sides and leave to marinate for a minimum of 5 minutes or a maximum of overnight.
- Preheat the grill on a high heat.
- Grill the marinated chicken for 8 minutes on one side, turn over and grill for another 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile toast or warm the pittas in the toaster or oven.
- Chop the chicken into small chunks
- Split open the pitta and stuff with the chicken, salad leaves and tomatoes.
The chicken is high in protein for energy and growth of your baby's cells. The Vitamin C in the tomatoes aids the absorption of the iron for brain development of your baby.
This is a really simple recipe for a quick but tasty lunch. Marinating the chicken in the spices for longer leaves the chicken really flavoursome and juicy. Try out different marinades and different types of curry paste, depending how spicy you like it! Just remember that too much spicy food can cause heartburn or indigestion so be guided by how you’re feeling.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists