Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup
Cook time: 20 mins Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 6 people
- 1 carrot
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion (large)
- 750g butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Peel and chop the carrots, onion and butternut squash.
- De-seed the peppers and chop.
- Peel the garlic and crush.
- Heat a large saucepan and add the olive oil.
- Add all your chopped vegetables and mix.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Make up the stock cubes with 2 litres of boiling water.
- Add to the saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend using a hand blender or liquidiser.
This delicious soup is high in Vitamin C which supports the immune system. It is also a source of Vitamin E which protects against DNA damage.
Make up a large batch and store in the fridge for easy lunches during the week. Serve with some wholemeal bread.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists