Cook time: 3-5 mins Prep time: 3-4 mins Serves: 1 person
- 1 ciabatta loaf (small)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped basil (or dried basil)
- Peel and chop tomatoes into small chunks. Mix in bowl with basil.
- Peel garlic and cut in half.
- Preheat the grill and cut ciabatta loaf in half horizontally.
- Rub garlic on each slice of bread, drizzle with a little olive oil and grill until toasted.
- Top with tomatoes and basil and serve..
This quick recipe is a great source of iron which is important for your increased blood volume during pregnancy and the tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C which helps to release this iron from foods.