Salmon and Haddock Pie
Cook time: 45 mins Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 4 portions
- 700g potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 fillets haddock
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- 400ml low fat milk
- 1 onion
- 25g low-fat spread
- 25g flour
- 25g low fat cheddar cheese
- 300g broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180°C for fan oven) or gas mark 6.
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan for about 10 to 15 minutes until soft. Drain and mash with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Pour the remaining milk into a pan over medium heat. Add in the low fat spread and flour. Stir continuously until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken.
- Break the fish into chunks and place in an ovenproof dish. Add in the broccoli chopped in small pieces.
- Pour the sauce into the dish, then top with mashed potato and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Oily fish is a great source of omega-3 for baby's brain and eye development. It is also high in Calcium and Vitamin D for healthy bone growth and folate which is important to prevent neural tube defects.
This is a great way to get more fish into your diet. You should be eating 1-2 portions of oily fish per week. If you aren’t a fish lover, this is a way to get it into your diet without the flavour being too strong.
Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes from our team of nutritionists