Chilli Ginger Lime Salmon Parcels
Cook time: 15-20 mins Prep time: 10mins Serves: 2 people
- 2 fillets fresh salmon
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tbsp lime juices
- 1cm root ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and chopped into tiny pieces)
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan oven).
- In a bowl, mix together the lime juice, ginger, oil, garlic, chilli and a dash of black pepper.
- Prepare two pieces of tin foil big enough to make a parcel around each fillet.
- Place a fillet of salmon (skin side down) on the middle of each piece of tin foil and place on a baking tray.
- Place the asparagus around the fillets.
- Fold up the edges of the foil to prevent the marinade leaking.
- Pour the marinade over both fillets. Crack a bit more black pepper over the top of each fillet.
- Scrunch the foil edges together to create a loose parcel of each fillet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and check if thoroughly cooked (fish flakes easily and is a pale pink colour right through).
This is a quick, easy and very healthy recipe. It is high in folate which is important during the preconception period and for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy for baby’s healthy development. It also is high in Vitamin D for absorption of calcium.