Cook time: 10-15 mins Prep time: 20 mins Serves: 4 portions
- 400g chicken (breast, chopped)
- 150g low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp tikka curry power
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 250g basmati rice
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- ½ red pepper (chopped)
- ½ green pepper (chopped)
- 1 fresh chilli (chopped and deseeded )
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 15g sultanas
- Mix the chicken with the yogurt, tikka curry powder, lemon juice and garlic.
- Leave to marinate for twenty minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chicken and its marinade and stir fry for ten minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice for twelve minutes (following packet instructions)
- Add the peppers, chili and onion, and cook for a further five minutes.
- Mix the sultanas into the pan and serve the dish over rice.
This tasty recipe is high in Niacin which keeps the digestive and nervous systems healthy. It is a great source of iron for formation of red blood cells and brain development.
For a spicier dish and deeper flavour leave the chicken marinating for 4-5 hours rather than 20 minutes. Just remember that spicy foods can cause heartburn so be guided by how you are feeling. If you do make it a little too spicy, just add in some extra natural yogurt.