Apple Baby Rice
Serves: 2 portions
- 1 apple
- 4 tsp baby rice cereal powder
- 120ml Baby's usual milk
- Wash, peel, and dice the apple into small pieces, removing the core and any seeds.
- Place in a saucepan, cover with a little water and boil on a low heat until apple is tender or steam for 5-8 minutes until apple is soft.
- Meanwhile, make up the baby rice by adding the milk to the rice until in a smooth consistency.
- Blend the apple to desired consistency adding a little water if needed.
- Stir through the apple puree into the rice and serve.
This makes a great fruity breakfast for baby. Baby rice can be used as a base with a number of different flavours added through. Try adding plum, mango, pear or any other fruits of your choice.
Brighter futures start here
Discover more about infant development to help shape your baby's future