Snacking can be an important part of a toddler’s diet, a really easy way for them to get the energy and vitamins they need to grow and play everyday. Of course, offering them the right kinds of snack foods is key.
It can be a snacking minefield out there so here are a few suggestions to get you started – pretty soon you will come up with your own list of healthy favourites! And snack time is a good opportunity to add in a cup of milk, so add that on for extra protein, energy and calcium.
- Crackers and cheese
- Fruit scone with butter
- Chopped banana and apple
- Chopped carrot, cucumber, tomato and cream cheese dip
- Fromage Frais with chopped fruit
- Crackers, breadsticks or pitta bread with hummus
- Fruit salad ( fresh and tinned)
- Small banana muffin
- Stewed fruit and yogurt
- Avocado and banana slices
- A mini omelette or scrambled egg on wholemeal toast
- Cheese on toast
If you need some more suggestions, contact our Careline.