Banana berry mushrooms
Serves: 4 portions Cook time: 30 mins Prep time: 5 mins
- 40g pasta (penne, shells, macaroni)
- 3 broccoli florets
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 20g frozen peas
- 40g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100ml Baby's usual milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 250ml water (for cooking)
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the pasta to the boilng water and cook according to packet instructions and then drain.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan of water bring a small amount of water to the boil, boil the carrots for 5 minutes, add the brocolli, boil for a further 5 minutes, add the peas and boil until all are tender.
- In a jug, add 20ml of the milk and add the cornflour, mixing until smooth. Add in the remainder of the milk.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat. Add in the cheese and stir continuously until melted through.
- Mix together the pasta with vegetables, pour over the sauce and blend to desired consistency adding more milk if required.
This is a great dish to introduce pasta to the weaning diet. It can also be varied easily. Try adding chicken for cheesy chicken pasta or swap in different vegetables.