Your baby is finally here and you can now enjoy being a new mum . Yet many mums find it difficult to find time in the day to organise healthy mealtimes, so if you feel like that you are not the only one!
You should aim to eat small but frequent meals or snacks every 2 to 3 hours. Do bear in mind that keeping meals healthy does not have to mean you need to spend hours in the kitchen preparing in advance. Below is a selection of quick to prepare and healthy snacks to keep you topped up.
- Sandwiches or pitta bread filled with salad, cheese, meats and fish
- Yogurts mixed with some chopped fruit and porridge oats
- Fortified breakfast cereals, muesli or other wholegrain cereal
- Baked potato with beans or tuna melt (cooked in the microwave in minutes)
- Vegetable soup with wholegrain bread
Don’t be shy when it comes to asking for help. A friend or family member would be delighted to offer a helping hand. Why not get them in to prepare some meals suitable for home freezing. You can simply reheat at a later time for a healthy nutritious meal.
If you want any further tips on how to get your diet balanced, do contact our Careline. Our nutritionists are available to answer any questions you may have.