August is one of the best months for finding delicious and fresh seasonal fruit, veg and salads. There are so many options which are all in mid-season in August. Choosing fresh vegetables and fruit when they are in season will mean you get the best quality and the best value for your money. So bear it in mind when writing your shopping list – trust me it will be worth it!
Here are some of the fruit, veg and salads that are in season NOW! Try out some of our delicious recipes too that include these ingredients.
- Broad Beans
- Broccoli – Try this tasty broccoli and cauliflower purée for baby
- Carrots – Try our carrot and lentil soup
- Cauliflower – Try this lamb, broccoli and cauliflower cheese
- French beans
- Mushrooms – Try this chicken & mushrooms in creamy sauce recipe
- Peas – Try out pea, leek and potato puree for baby
- Spinach – Try this tasty recipe for cheesy spinach tomato omelette
- Blueberries – Try our mini pancake bites with blueberries
- Raspberries – Try our wholemeal raspberry scones or banana berry muffins
- Tomatoes – This fruity bruschetta is delicious