Makes 4 pancakes
- 50g wholegrain flour
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 ml low fat milk
- Oil for frying
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg.
- Add in the milk and beat. If the mixture is too thick, add in some extra milk or use a hand blender or liquidiser to help mix it.
- Place a little oil on a preheated pan on medium heat.
- When hot, pour in enough batter to thinly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until underside is golden brown then flip and cook other side until golden.
- Serve with your choice of fresh fruit or yogurt.
For apple and cinnamon pancakes: After step 3, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter and stir it in. Peel and slice a large apple finely, then chop into small pieces. Add apple to the batter and stir.
For blueberry pancakes: After step 3, chop some blueberries in half and stir through the batter before cooking.
Tip: Adding in some wholegrain flour is a great way to make healthier pancakes that are still just as delicious. This recipe is a source of folate and high in B12 which helps to process folic acid. Serving with fruit or yogurt will help you get some extra vitamins or calcium into your diet.