Read more »" />Read more »" />
Approx. 4 portions
- 200g lamb (boneless, cut into small cubes)
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek (white part only, rinsed and chopped)
- ½ onion (small, peeled and diced)
- 400ml stock (homemade or low salt)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 30g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp dried apricots (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and washed)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan oven).
- Put the tablespoon of flour in a bowl and add the lamb cubes, toss until covered.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the coated lamb, cook for a few minutes and stir until brown on all sides.
- Add in the chopped onion and leeks, cook until starting to soften and then add in the stock.
- Stir the mixture and bring to the boil.
- Pour into a deep oven proof dish and cover with lid.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes then remove from oven and add the carrot.
- Replace the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes until soft.
- Remove the dish from the oven again and add the peas and apricots.
- Return to oven and cook for a final 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve with mashed potatoes.
Red meat such as lamb is a great source of iron for baby's brain development. This makes a great meal for all the family just increase quantities as needed.