Read more »" />Read more »" />
4 small portions
- 300g potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 400g chopped tomatoes (tinned)
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped in chunks)
- ½ red pepper (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan oven).
- In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Stir 1 tsp of paprika through the mash and set aside.
- In a separate large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Stir in the paprika and then add the chopped tomatoes and peppers.
- Mix well and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish and spoon the mash over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden on top and chicken is cooked through.
This is a tasty one pot meal for the family. You can flavour the mash with different herbs or spice as a healthy alternative to salt. Just be sure not to make it too spicy for baby!