Read more »" />Read more »" />
- 4 potatoes (medium)
- 60ml Baby's usual milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g lamb or beef mince
- 1 onion (small)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tsp flour
- 200ml water (for cooking)
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C.
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes.
- Add some water to a saucepan, add the diced potatoes, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and leave to simmer until soft.
- When soft, drain and mash with baby’s usual milk.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onion.
- Fry until soft and add the mince.
- Fry until browned, stirring it occasionally.
- Add the diced carrots and peas to the pan and stir through.
- Add in the tomato puree, oregano and flour.
- Cover the mixture with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish, spoon the potato evenly over the top and spread with a fork.
- Brush the top with a little milk and bake in the oven until golden brown on top.
- When cooked, mash or blend to baby’s desired consistency.
This recipe can be used for the whole family - just increase the quantities and remember to take baby’s portion out before adding salt for yourself.